Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Feature • The Old Hen Bed & Breakfast • North Bend


A Social Media Love Story

Despite being in the same town, Old Hen owner, Deanna Morauski and I met via Twitter. I Instagrammed a picture of a little known river view in Snoqualmie and labeled it with the hashtag #snoqualmievalley...since my Instagram posts go to Twitter, she found my Tweet and replied to it. Before then, I never even knew about The Old Hen. We emailed back and forth a couple of times and then both of us had a succession of busy weeks. Finally, our stars aligned and Deanna invited me for breakfast. And when an owner of a bed & breakfast invites you for breakfast, you don't say no. 

Nestled in a quiet corner of North Bend, off of the historic Edgewick Road, The Old Hen feels lightyears away, even though it is just two exits up from downtown. Placed right smack dab in between Snoqualmie Pass and the city, it is an out of town skier's dream. Or, like me and my husband, a local mom and dad's perfect setting for a quick overnight staycation. Our anniversary is in March. We'll be booking the balcony suite!

The road in. 

I've arrived.

Deanna's social media component is refreshing. Many local business owners are simply not aware of the benefit of getting outside of the valley. And we aim to change that. Our community needs some more outside draw. What better way of doing this than cultivating solid followings via Twitter and Facebook? I love this about Deanna. She understands. She even has this sign on her front desk. Yes! We're now not only "Friends", we're actually friends! All because of Twitter.


Athough, I must say, being greeted by a delectable breakfast spread of Nutella-filled crepes, a puffy egg omelet, fresh orange juice and French-pressed coffee definitely helped! This woman can COOK. Which leads me to a very exciting tidbit...airing on October 27 on the Live Well Network, Deanna will be cooking along side host and former boy bander, Joey Fatone, on his new show My Home Recipe Rocks. Be sure to tune in!


Yes, PLEASE!

I wanted seconds.
The Old Hen


The road out.

The Old Hen is located at 47150 SE 162nd St in North Bend. For more information, check out http://theoldhen.com. Go click 'Like' at http://www.facebook.com/TheOldHen and follow her on Twitter @TheOldHen.

I would like to start a chain of businesses working with each other to help build our audiences. If you are interested in being considered for a Friday Feature, please go 'Like' the business featured above and follow them on Twitter, if applicable. Do the same for me at facebook.com/photographybykristintetuan and follow me on Twitter @KristinTetuan. Then get in touch with me via email and tell me a bit about you and what you have to offer! I'd love to meet you!




No comments:

Post a Comment