Sunday, October 7, 2012

Katie M. • Acting Head Shots

I was recently contacted by Thumbtack to let me know that I had been chosen to be featured on one of their landing pages as a Spotlight vendor. I have been active on Thumbtack for awhile but had never actually pursued any of the leads I received. It was time to try it out. When I got the lead from Katie that she was looking for a head shot photographer for some acting head shots she needed ASAP, it stood out from the crowd. She wanted indoor, studio-like shots with something a little unique. I love being challenged by client requests!

Of course, I don't have a studio so I had to get creative. After some thought, I called Sacred Heart Church in Bellevue to see if I could use their space. They graciously said yes. I got there to scope it out before the shoot and the room that I was originally told I could use was full of people. It's okay, I thought. I can work with this. So, I asked to see another room that was suggested to me and it was not well-suited at all. No big deal. I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason. The hall outside the room was very dark but had this incredible stained glass window above a staircase. I had my lightweight lighting along for the ride (thanks, Kevin Kubota!) so it was an instant studio!

I spent an hour with Katie, a musical theater actress, and her lovely and very helpful husband, Jordan. We laughed the whole time and it was a blast. Looking forward to seeing where Katie's auditions take her. Break a leg, Katie!

Oh, and while you're at it, go check out my listing on Thumbtack and tell me what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment