Monday, September 17, 2012

Katie & Holly - Seniors

I'm pretty speechless. Feeling very blessed to have been able to shoot with not one but TWO gorgeous seniors this weekend. I am beginning to realize that this form of photography is one I am extremely passionate about. One that I am ready to put all my energy into marketing. Letting go of everything else. That is a huge step so one that will require more thought but one I'm seriously considering.

Recently, Sue Bryce did a workshop on creativeLIVE about her business and she got on the subject of seniors and the tradition in the US of getting senior portraits, which is something that just doesn't exist in Australia where she is based. She did say, however, that there is a growing market for "teenage" shoots, which she has been successfully capitalizing on. When I approached this shoot yesterday, I used so much of what I gained from listening to Sue. She kept emphasizing that a senior girl is "a girl, not yet a woman." This resonated so much with me because I wanted to capture these two in a way that conveyed their personalities as teens but also captured their youthful beauty in an artistic, fashion-forward way.

Looking forward to another shoot next weekend with another gorgeous girl and her violin! Stay tuned!

If you or someone you know is a junior and looking to score a screaming deal on senior portraits, please contact me to book for next season! I will be running an early bird special into the winter and spots will fill fast. My senior sessions are an experience, not just a shoot. Get in touch now because my book fills fast! And shooting with a friend is a fun, relaxing way to save, too, so be sure to ask about that! I'm a nice gal so gimme a call at 425.281.8312 or drop me a line at photographer@kristintetuan.com!

Holly's money shot. Lord, she's beautiful. She's also hilariously funny.


Katie is easy to laugh and full of life. Loved the challenge of getting her serious! ;)


I pinky swear you'll have a great time.

Holly's hair by Hair Ink. Make up by Kathy Mattioda.

1 comment:

  1. Kristin photographed my daughter Holly and her friend Katie. What a great day. Kristin has an amazing eye for the unique and how to develope a real rapport with the girls. The shots were beautiful and I am so excited to see the final results. I highly recommend Kristin. She is a great photographer and also really cool.

    ReplyDelete